• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Monthly Astrophotography Challange

Started by Mike, Sep 27, 2005, 10:35:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

How about having a monthly challenge on the forum for the imagers amongst us to take a picture of a selected object. The object would be fairly large to allow everyone to image it.

The idea is not a competition, but just to name an object and then for people to image it and share with the rest of us exactly how they took the image so people can learn from it? Quality isn't important, as long as the image is captured and it can be recognised as the object in question. Each month a different person takes a turn to name an object.

Whaddaya reckon?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Sounds like a good idea - The only problem I've got is that I'm lucky if I image once every 3 months...  Still I'll give it a try - Like you say it could be good for us all to learn from other peoples techniques/ equipment.

Mike

Well as I said it isn't a competition as such, just a challange to image an object, regardless of quality, just as a learning tool and to share our experiences. Quite often you tend to image objects, unaware that right next to it there is something just as interesting to image. I think your challange of capturing NGC891 showed that to me.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan