• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Jupiter - 22/23 October

Started by Roberto, Oct 25, 2023, 08:52:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

As per the WhatsApp chat in case you didn't see it there.  From the end of the spell of clear, good seeing we had last weekend.

Details here:  https://www.astrobin.com/8th8jv/C/

All taken with the 10" f/20 Maksutov and an ASI462MC camera.

25 videos derotated - image centred around 23:13UT

18 videos derotated - image centred at 23:12UT - slightly different processing

Animation showing Io emerging made of 39 videos derotated and made into frames - 22:50 to 00:07UT

Roberto

Rick

Thanks for posting those here. For me, WhatsApp only works for small chats and low-res snaps, and even then it's a pain...

Carole

They are both smashing images.  Which one would you prefer to go into the Members images process.

Unfortunately videos don't always work.  I wish more people would look on the forum.

Carole 

Roberto

Carole, maybe the second shows more detail and will look better in the Hall?

Roberto

The Thing

Quote from: Carole on Oct 25, 2023, 16:02:58Unfortunately videos don't always work.  I wish more people would look on the forum.

Carole 

If links to forum posts or gallery pictures were used in the OAS WhatsApp group it would generate cross traffic and drive up awareness among the membership. They are used to WhatsApp but a forum is strange old tech from the dawn of the internet ;} 

The Thing

And the pictures are superb Roberto.

IMHO It may be worth knocking up a brighter version to project with more contrast even though it wouldn't look good on a monitor it would project nicely.

Carole

Quote from: The Thing on Nov 01, 2023, 10:21:55
Quote from: Carole on Oct 25, 2023, 16:02:58Unfortunately videos don't always work.  I wish more people would look on the forum.

Carole 

Good idea Duncan.  Though l think Roberto posted on Whatsapp a while before posting on the Forum. 

Carole

If links to forum posts or gallery pictures were used in the OAS WhatsApp group it would generate cross traffic and drive up awareness among the membership. They are used to WhatsApp but a forum is strange old tech from the dawn of the internet ;}