• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M27 O3, Ha & 80a draft image

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 08, 2005, 06:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

This has potencial :smile:

40 frames 80a x 2sec, O3 x 16sec & Ha x 17sec.  LX90 F3.3 SAC8

I've done a 5 min process, will do a better one for the Gallery, this one is a little Green, to much O3, wonder what it will look like if I swap the O3 & Ha?

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2005-06-07 23:34 ]

Ian

definitely a bit too green, especially some of the stars. Looks like the raw frames have a goodly amount of detail tho'. Look forward to seeing v1.1

Rocket Pooch

Yep I think I need to adjust the histogram on the B & R channels to compensate for the G.

you done anything recently :smile:

Rocket Pooch

Hi Ian,

I adjusted the Ha and tones down the 80a, I think your right it looks a bit better now.

Bye

Rick

I guess it depends what you're trying to bring out in the way of detail.  I think the first shows more detail than the second, but that maybe something between the two would show more.

Rocket Pooch

I think the blue stars are funny, I probably need to reduce the luminence of these to balance them correctly.  This colour stuff is odd.

Rick

Yeah, you're right, they are a bit. Greg has some trick he uses to take stars out while he adjusts things that bring out nebulosity. Maybe, along with the Ha and OIII, you could use an unfiltered image?

JohnP

Hi Chris,

The red image looks brilliant to me - if only I can do that with me LXD75 i'd be well happy.... I might give it a try with the Toucam soon

John

Rocket Pooch