• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

EOS300D Image

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 08, 2005, 22:13:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Tried out the 300D for 10 mins last night, this is a single 30second shot at ISO400 using the LX90 at prime of M13, image quality was medium course.

I did do a colour replace in photoshop to remove some Orange because I did not use any LPR filter.

JohnP

Hi Chris - You Chuffed then? - Looks like focus was spot on - Was this enlarged at all or is it just a crop from the original - The 300D is a great Camera - Now I have my goto mount I hope to be throwing down some challenges to you & Paul....... :smile:

Ian

very nice, excellent focus. Hmm, challenges you say...

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

That's it no cropping thats it at prime on the LX90. focusing was by MK1 eyeball no stacking etc.

Ian, the challenge relates to John and I having the same camera and he has a better mount, so we're going to see who can get the best picture using a canon lens, you up for it, a beer is in the offing :smile:

JohnP

Hi Ian,

Sorry should have included you, Mike...etc. in fact anyone in the group that images - I was thinking along the lines of picking an object (perhaps a Messier..?) & then seeing who could produce best image in a certain month - Perhaps we could even get the Society to vote during the monthly meeting & then choose the image for the following month - It might ecourage people to be more active with their imaging.... I'm sure we would all learn something.

Perhaps something to discuss - John

JohnP

Chris - I question whether a £500 LXD75 Mount & 6 Inch Newt is better than a £1500 LX90 (telescope & Mount) - I'm still trying to get the Goto to work with any sort of accuracy....?

Rocket Pooch

best do it this week, looks like there's going to be a few clear skies.

Ian

I'm going to struggle fixing a Canon lens to my Nikon... Would it be OK if I join in but drink a different brand of beer (inferior of course :grin: )?

But, I'm going out there again one of these nights and the just after some simple old observing and relearning sky (I've forgotten just about everything I knew a year ago :sad: ) I'm going to piggyback the D70 on the scope and see what happens. Then all being well I might sort out a t-ring and go for some prime focus stuff.

Rocket Pooch

Oy John, the 8" SCT version of the LXD75 is more expensive than the LX90, well at least what I paid for my old model, so you should have the upper hand. :smile:

JohnP

yeah - yeah - yeah ....... :smile:

Rocket Pooch

And my dad's bigger than yours.

Mike

So am I presuming right that Chris has took the plunge and also bought a DSLR ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Its was either that or a SAC10 :smile:and the EOS was cheaper.  Also I can use it for the other photography I do, and my other half can use it etc etc.

Basically YES!

Whitters

Superb image Chris, lovely pin sharp stars.

Mike

Chris - have you worked out what the field of view is on that M13 image?

John - do you get the same FOV with the LXD75 ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan