• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Its been a while...

Started by Mac, Apr 27, 2020, 14:25:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

Looks like the leo triplets were a keen subject last night.

My first light for over three years.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Nikon D3 Unmodded, Williams optic 600mm F7
84 * 30 Secs, iso 3200
Unguided EQ6.

some sort of read noise from the camera, dont know why the bias frames didnt pick it up, but i was using new software on the mac,
ill probably set up a virtual machine and get all my old PC software running again.

M66, M65, UGC6350 and NGC 3593 in the bottom right hand corner

Fullsize
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49825941692_ff1d7e7ae1_k.jpg

Carole

Nice to see you imaging again Mac, what a long time.

Nice image, but strange noise as you say.

Two questions:

1. Did you sell your POD OK?
2. When is the move to Spain, must be imminent?

Carole

Mac

Nope, Pod is still for sale, not had a single offer,

As for moving, just waiting for the lockdown to be lifted here and in spain.

Mac.

MarkS

Great to see you imaging again!  It's a good result!

Mark

NoelC

The galaxies have come out really well.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Like the detail in the Galaxies,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Fay

well done Mac, its hard to get going after a long lull!
Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Great to see a pic from you again. Hopefully you will be able to take up imaging on a regular basis once you're set up down in Spain.

Mac

Fingers crossed its going to be in a few weeks, but we need both spain and the uk to be out of lockdown

Carole

It's a pain Mac, but better for all to be safe. 

I have a friend in Spain who still comes back to St Thomas's hospital for her long term cancer follow up, and she came back in early March for the results of a biopsy to find she has yet another malignancy which needs surgery, but before they finished all her pre-op scans we went into lock down.  She managed to get back to Spain only because of her Residency status, but now will have to try to get back for 3rd week of May for her op, and I think the UK is planning on putting plane arrivals into quarantine for 2 weeks from May which will extend her operation even further.

So because of her I know there are few flights going back and forth to Spain and I think all the ferries had stopped last time I spoke to her. 

These are the friends we stay with in Spain where I took my Antares region and MW from their back terrace.

Carole