• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Markarian's chain 2011 and 2020

Started by Carole, Apr 26, 2020, 19:36:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Struggling with LRGB from Bromley and no NB targets around.

Had "great fun" the first night I tried to image this as I got some awful artifacts after processing, and after discussion on SGL I concluded that it was ice and I needed to change my dessicant and dry the camera out  Did that and it seems to be OK now from that point of view.

Background gradients and LP forced me to combine the data with the old image done in darker locations.

Markarian chain
Combined data from 2011 and 2020
2011 28 x 5mins Modified canon 450D Blacklands and Herstmonceux
2020 Atik460EX, LRGB WOZS71
Lum 14 x 600 RGB 5 x 150secs binned (each)
Total imaging time 5h 15mins

ApophisAstros

My!! Herstmonceux 2011 , thays going back a bit.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Yup, not imaged it since then.

Carole

Carole

NoelC

Terrific framing Carole
All those galaxies!

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Carole

I probably need a bit more data as some of the galaxies are a bit noisy if you zoom right in.

Carole

MarkS

The second version has much better colours.  It's a good result from the suburbs.

I last imaged Markarian's Chain back in 2012 with my old Canon 350D during a run of 10 successive clear nights:
http://www.markshelley.co.uk/Astronomy/2012/markarianschain.html

Funnily now in 2020, this last I also shot a few nights of data with my Nikon Z6 but I haven't yet processed it.

Mark

Hugh

Thanks Carole

A really lovely picture of such a wonderful chain of galaxies!

Hugh

Carole

Thanks Hugh.

Mark it is not really surprising we both have done the same thing, we are a bit limited for choice at the moment unless you have a set up suitable for tiny galaxies.

I look forward to seeing your results.

Carole

MarkS

I have a massive processing backlog from 8 clear moonless nights in March and 8 clear moonless nights in April. 

Mark

Carole

Wow!

Are you working from Home?

Carole

Roberto

Very good Carole!  Extracting any colour from these faint galaxies from sub-urban London is very difficult.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto, you are right about the colour.

Carole 

Mac

Nice images.

thats what i was aiming for, but as i didnt have my laptop set up, mine was a point and hope,
Fingers crossed over the next week or two i'll get the laptop set up again, at least that way i know its working for spain.

Mac.