• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

After about 3 years, I was actually in the garden last night

Started by Fay, Mar 26, 2020, 13:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Surprised to say I ventured into the garden last night. had setup my 180mm lens and was pleased that I actually got everything going, but could not remember what was what on the handset! any way not a good idea, but I wanted to go to Simeis14, not the best of subjects in a duff sky and too much lighting around, but was really pleased that I actually found it, difficult as you cant see it......... did 30x300 but need so much more in dark skies. now i am up and running, except i have to put it all up again, i will try and remember what you showed me, Duncan, and see how I get on.

should try something easier tonight

I may have to get rid of next doors dog!! they let it out and it does not stop yapping!!!!!!! I thought I would have a heart attack I was so fedup with it........had a lot to recap and had all this noise going on all the time

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Well done Fay!  I'm glad you're out imaging again.

Good luck.

Mark

Carole

I had a feeling you might start imaging again as you probably can't get out and about for doing your wildlife stuff at the moment.

Blimey didn't realise it was 3 years, or is it 3 years since doing it in the garden?

Welcome back though, yes doesn't surprise me you forgot how everything works, bad enough having a 3 month gap. 

At least we have a hobby that can be done in isolation, so can be thankful for that.

Carole

Fay

thanks, well see how we go.........we are on the cusp, not so good weather weekend and clocks going forward and galaxy season

RobertM

Quote from: Fay on Mar 26, 2020, 17:13:52
thanks, well see how we go.........we are on the cusp, not so good weather weekend and clocks going forward and galaxy season

ED120 season Fay... :)

Glad to see you're out again and I'm looking forward to see the fruits of your efforts.

Robert

The Thing

Thats great Fay. Dogs like friends, it probably just wants to say hello if its yapping. Our Baxter was saying hello to our neighbour this afternoon from a good distance, her husband, Vincent a GP, has just tested positive. He should be OK as he kitesurfs most weekends normally, so fit.

Persevre! You have plenty of time and nowhere to go! Your first problem is using the handset... Direct HiTec connection, EQMOD, Cartes Du Ciel and APT so you can platesolve and know where you're pointed. Ring any bells? Good luck and I look forward to seeing an image. There should be a couple more clear nights next week.

Fay

Failed with the setup last night Duncan and had to revert, but then had a lot of connection problems. will revise EQMOD. oh system was looking for the GPUSB, so I assume I should have changed something  somewhere in EQMOD. will get instructions out. I did get it going in the living room last month   

ApophisAstros

Good to see you imaging again Fay , funny though i had not been out since september and i had loads of problems/gremlins/bloody annoyances and others so retreated and took setup down , so just doing Solar untill i can sort it out.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Me too.  The handset said I hadn't been out since January!
There must have been over 2000 flies (no exageration) roosting in there.

All of my kit is now disconnecting; I can't even find the focuser.  Will start with replacing the hub.
Is it software, or is it hardware? The fact it keeps dissapearing from device manager may mean it's just hardware.
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

The Thing

Hi Noel. I use contact cleaner spray followed by silicone grease spray to keep all my cables and sockets happy.

Carole

QuoteThere must have been over 2000 flies (no exageration) roosting in there.

OMG

When I first read it I thought it said files, and I was trying to think what files you could have in a handset.

Lol

Carole

Roy

We've had the telescope set up in the garden for best part of a week now, which I suspect is some kind of record. We were both out last night, yours truly attempting to do some imaging and Sue reacquainting herself with the joys of Camelopardalis amongst other constellations. We've tried to observe comet C/2019 Y4 Atlas, but so far can only see it with the camera. What has been interesting is the number of helicopters (including military) that have flown over recently. Also flying over was the ISS, boy that thing's bright (again at ~20:30 tonight)!

So hoping these clear skies stay and keep well.

Roy