• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First Light with Samyang 135mm F2 lens & Rowan Belt Mod in HEQ5

Started by Carole, Mar 24, 2020, 00:01:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Not my favourite of targets, but not a lot to choose from at the moment.  Never the less, it was good to get out and try this lens out for the first time, and I must say i am very impressed after the problems I have had previously with cheaper lenses.

I ordered a set of mounting rings and a microfocusser and an adapter from Bern which attaches the lens to a ZWO camera and I found out by chance it was possible to attach to an Atik Camera giving near enough the right spacing. 

I was advised to try F2.8 the first time, which is what I have done.  At least two of the corners look to be fine and one less so, but I couldn't even get decent stars in the middle of the image when i did Antares Region, this lens has knocked spots off that.

I definitely need to get more data on this target, but since it was just a test shot and not my favourite target I think I will probably pass on that.

This was also my first light with the newly Rowan Belt modded HEQ5 which seemed to work nicely.

Ha 12 x 600 secs
RGB 17 x 150 secs
Oiii 10 x 300secs (but doesn't really add to the image)

Roberto

Carole

Hugh

A really nice image Carole!

What I like with these images is the number of stars that are visible but when you click on the image and magnify it, looking again, you see so many more faint stars ~ I'm tempted to count!

Hugh

The Thing

**Wot image?**

I have been into the HTML and extracted the URL which works just fine in a new browser window (nice one Carole).
I have included below a standard forum img /img tag which won't work. This is still odd.

https://cdn.astrobin.com/thumbs/tNhd4036D2FY_1824x0_sWXLOnwG.jpg

img /img tag

Carole

Thanks Duncan,

It is strange that you seem to be the only one unable to see my images, I wonder what the reason is, don't know enough about IT to offer an explanation.

Carole

NoelC

Very interesting Carole.
Have you got it mounted on top of your guide scope?

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

I have it set up on top of the Ed80 with the guider attached to the ED80.

The plan was to use the ED80 and Atik428 once the widefield targets disappeared, but not got that far yet.

MarkS

Excellent!  You must be well pleased it's all working.

I have never tried the Jellyfish - I really must do so some time.

Mark

NoelC

Very nice Carole
So your guiding with the smaller scope.
Your stars are really good I think.
Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

Thanks Noel, I am guiding with the finderguider.

Carole