• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Access

Started by MarkH, Aug 20, 2019, 20:03:53

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkH

Most will be unaware that my sister and i and a couple who are close friends will be taking over the tenancy of the rising sun twitton pub in the near future. We understand that the existing observing evenings occur at the otford village hall. We are offering the garden of the rising sun FOC to the society for observing evenings with better light pollution than in the village and better vittualls from the bar. We hope to see you all soon at the bar.

Carole

Sounds a great idea, though I think Doug has just booked up the next two years worth at Otford. 

I think we should certainly give it a try out though, but Doug needs to see this post, and thanks for the offer.

I will also draw the committee to this post.

Carole

MarkH

Thanks Carole, I had previously sent a message to Doug, but I guess he missed it somehow. I will be holding separate star parties anyway. Maybe we could link to the society on those.

Roy

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kind offer of hosting observing sessions at the Rising Sun in Otford and having seen your seen post I'm sure members of our Society will come and visit you, but at the moment we have a long standing arrangement with the Village Hall which currently meets all our requirements.

Good luck with your venture.

Regards

Roy

(Roy Peters, Chair Orpington Astronomical Society)

doug

Hi Mark. I did get your post about the Pub, but as we were on holiday, and the phone reception was at least very variable ... it slipped through my net. Sorry about that, and your idea sounds very good. I wish you well with it and the pub, of course.

Cheers, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...