• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

R S Summer Science exhibition - Free - 1-7 July

Started by Roy, Apr 18, 2019, 10:16:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Roy and I go to this every year, Delphine joined us last year. In case anyone else interested check out the web site below. Let us know if you would like to come as an OAS group. Roy and I tend to go mid week as quieter. But a late night (and no kids) on Tuesday 2nd July if you work in London.

https://royalsociety.org/science-events-and-lectures/2019/summer-science-exhibition/visitor-information/?utm_campaign=6421&utm_source=adestra&utm_medium=email

Delphine

I would like to go again this year.  It was very interesting last year.
Delphine

Roy

Good news Delphine. Would Ian be interested too do you think? We will have to fix on a date, Roy and I were thinking Tuesday 2nd during the day.  Is that date free for you?  Other possibility for us is Wednesday 3rd  -our wedding anniversary! The Glades outreach is Friday5th and Sat 6th.

Anyone else out there fancy joining us : )  No need to book ahead, a free exhibition all week.

Cheers, Sue.

Delphine

Hi Sue

We are just off to Croatia to sail around the Islands on a small boat (32 passengers, 6 crew).  I will  ask Ian if he is interested in coming to the Science Exhibition and let you know when we get back.  We get back next Tuesday

Cheers Delphine.

Delphine

Hi Sue

Sorry I meant to reply to you before this!!  Yes Ian would like to come.  What day are you going?  I have just re-read your post and see you suggest Tuesday 2nd July.  That is OK for us.

Delphine

Roy

Yes Delphine, Tuesday 2nd July it is! Pleased to hear that Ian is coming along too.

Anyone else fancy a day in London?

We are aiming to be at Charing Cross for 10.30.

The Royal Society
6-9 Carlton House Terrace
London
SW1Y 5AG

Please note there is no step-free access to the building from The Mall. If you require step-free access, we recommend that you approach the building from the north side, via Pall Mall or Piccadilly.

Public transport links:

Underground stations: Charing Cross (10 minute walk), Piccadilly Circus (7 minute walk), Green Park (10 minute walk; step-free) and St James's Park (15 minute walk)
Bus routes: 12, 13, 15 and 453