• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M3 & NGC5263, totally new data! 2019-04-12 23:00-01:00CET Manche, France

Started by The Thing, Apr 13, 2019, 17:22:34

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

This is how the first one should have been. Globular clusters are good targets when there is a bit of Moon in the other half of the sky. I'm particularly proud of getting colour and detail in NGC5263 and there are some other galactic blobs around as well. The sky was excellent last night. There was a bit of star elongation in the last one and so I rejigged my mount wiring so there are only three cables, 12V, USB3 flat and ribbon cable for the focuser stepper. I also rebalanced it and exercised it by doing lots of slewing around to spread the grease etc.

41 of 50 x 250s, Gain 121 (unity +1 for luck), Offset 4, Temperature -15c. Stacked using PI BatchPreprocessingFD (Micheal Covington version) so Flat Darks are used instead of Bias frames. The stacked image was then loaded into StarTools for stretching, gradient removal, colour correction deconvolution, denoising and saving as JPG (seems to have a very good algorithm for this).

Image date, time and location:   2019-04-12 23:00-01:00CET Manche, France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506UNC f4, TS Komakorr
Camera and filters used:   ZWO ASI294MC Pro, Baader Neodymnium 1.25" filter
Processing applied:   Pixinsight, StarTools, Irfanview

This is full size, no cropping or binning at all.

MarkS

Beautiful!  That is so much better.

I love the differentiation in the star colours.

Mark

RobertM

That's a great result Duncan !  It looks like your perseverance with that camera is finally paying off.

Robert

JohnP

Looks nice Dunc - expertly processed. Looks like you have sorted your monitor calibration at last - well done - John

The Thing

Carole

That's really great Duncan, well done, and thanks for reminding me that Globular clusters are an option, as I am really out of ideas of what to do at the moment.  Nothing narrowband around and Moon is up.

Carole

Hugh

Thanks for this Duncan ~ really nice to have something with stars ~ a web search indicates about 500,000!  As Mark says, some good colour differentiation when you put in a bit of magnification. 

Hugh

NoelC

Really good Duncan.
Love the star colour.

Seeing was pants here (cloud dodging).

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Great results on that Duncan, cant wait to have a go at a cluster or two,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing