• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Chinese on the darkside?

Started by ApophisAstros, Jan 09, 2019, 17:23:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Has anyone heard much about the Chinese lander on the darkside of the Moon as i don't seem to have seen it reported on and only one picture of it exiting the lander.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RobertM

I though it had landed in cheese and sunk without trace...

MarkH

Nothing new acheived, I can't understand why they did it, muscle flexing I suppose, let's raise an eyebrow when they put men on the moon five decades after the USA.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Obviously faked.  The images are showing sunlight on the dark side of the moon!  And how can the radio signals get back to earth from the wrong side of the moon?

Mark

Carole

Lol.  I wondered that too but I read somewhere that they have a satellite relaying the images/signals.

Carole

ApophisAstros

yea they launched  Queqiao, a communications satellite, back in May.
Roger

The Thing

Quote from: RobertM on Jan 09, 2019, 17:46:42
I though it had landed in cheese and sunk without trace...

Nah, it got in a pickle :roll:

The Thing

Quote from: MarkH on Jan 09, 2019, 18:37:28
Nothing new acheived, I can't understand why they did it, muscle flexing I suppose, let's raise an eyebrow when they put men on the moon five decades after the USA.

They are in the deepest crater on the moon having just completed the biggest fixed dish antenna on earth... And away from a radio interference from earth. Of course they won't tell us about the huge mesh net they dropped on the way down. I think they want to talk to the lgm!

MarkH

lgm! ????????? What's that?

The Thing

Quote from: MarkH on Jan 10, 2019, 17:22:38
lgm! ????????? What's that?
Little green men! Don't you know the history of pulsar discovery. (Slightly obtuse, look it up!)

MarkH

Ah yes Duncan I remember now, just didn't link the two.