• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First light with Altair Astro ED66-R

Started by ApophisAstros, Nov 18, 2018, 13:46:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

NGC777  18.9 million light years (furthest thing ive imaged i think)and NGC778 , awfully feint so pleased to get something with new scope.
Work in progress on processing , just wanted to test new dual rig setup was working in APT, it synched the cameras flawlessly.
And guiding was about .28 pixels RMS average, considering "brickgate", post in chat.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

NoelC

Roger
Looks interesting, whats an ED66-R?  I couldn't find it on Altair's website.

Did APT dither them correctly?  Did you have the same length exposures on both?

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Quote from: NoelC on Nov 18, 2018, 17:15:09
Roger
Looks interesting, whats an ED66-R?  I couldn't find it on Altair's website.

Did APT dither them correctly?  Did you have the same length exposures on both?

Noel
Link to 66ed-r r means Rack n pinion focusing , really solid and accurate.
http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/review/telescopes/altair-astro-lightwave-66ed-r-refractor
I did 300s subs for the Canon 1000d DSLR
I did 120s subs for the ASI183 MONO CMOS
Dithering and Synching worked superbly in APT (two instances open to cover the different cameras but you cant just open 2 APTs as when you install Apt it puts two links in the start menu/apt ie APT CAMERA 1 and APT CAMERA 2.)
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

A new scope!  Congratulations.

I'm looking forward to seeing futures images from it!

Mark

ApophisAstros

Quote from: MarkS on Nov 20, 2018, 06:25:06
A new scope!  Congratulations.

I'm looking forward to seeing futures images from it!

Mark
Yes Mark , at kelling trade stalls i saw an Altair's Lightwave 66ED-R and after consulting Carole for advice i asked the guy how much and after it said it was an ex demonstration model , he asked for £230 and i said £150 he said £160 , i said done just like on bargain hunt so very please with price as they were £330 new.
Roger