• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSS

Started by Fay, Sep 18, 2018, 17:36:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

stacked dslr image in DSS, but it has come out mono. has anyone any ideas why? it has been about 10 years since i used this prog

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Hi Fay,

There is probably a debayer setting somewhere that you overlooked!

Mark

Fay

thanks Mark, still not got there yet.

Fay

The Thing

You need the latest DSS v4+ as it has the latest (and maybe last) DCRAw update which will support the 7d but not under that name(!). Select the Raw/FITS DDP Settings item on the bottom left. On the FITs tab select your camera or a Canon one with the same sensor or the correct bayer pattern. Don't change anything on the DSLR tab except maybe the debayering method to AHD. One site tells me the "Canon 7D Mark II is RGBG", hope that helps!

Fay

downloaded 4.1.1 and cannot see a camera bit in settings RAW/FITS ddp part.,

thanks Duncan

Fay

oh found the camera list but mine is not on there, will carry on and sort it hopefully

The Thing

Quote from: Fay on Sep 19, 2018, 12:38:17
oh found the camera list but mine is not on there, will carry on and sort it hopefully
Try setting the bayer patter to RGBG as I put in my post. You should get some colour. Also once you have run the stacking you MUST go to the Saturation tab at the bottom and turn it up to at least 20%. Push the Apply button for every change or nothing will happen! To set the colour balance use the Histogram, move the peaks of the curves so the curves lie over the curved line and the peaks coincide. You can use the middle slider of the middle tab to fine tune this, use small changes e.g. 0.2 and press Apply. It's only a rough stretch. To speed up things, select the area of most interest in the image to only process that bit. Make sure you deselect the area before you save and push Apply or you will crop the image.

Fay

thanks Duncan. i have tried all ways but not got there yet, will try this now

Fay

High Five!!!!!!!