• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Chichester Planetarium 14:30 and optional lunchtime canal trip - Sept 30th 2018

Started by Roy, Aug 29, 2018, 11:52:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Greetings All,

I currently have 20 names and 20 places booked for the planetarium 30/09/2018,  meet at 14:30,   £7 adults £5 children.If you have not put your name on the sheet last meeting or e-mail me please get in touch ASAP.

There has been keen interest in the canal trip (enclosed barge ) from 12:00 -13:15 at the heritage centre  https://chichestercanal.org.uk/canal-centre/   a few minutes walk from the planetarium. I am happy to book tickets- will need to pay £8 in advance the boat holds 22, so far we have 19-20 people confirmed coming to the planetarium. I have 8 people confirmed for the canal trip and reserved all seats on the boat until Friday 31st when I will need to confirm/pay upfront. Please let me know if you want me to book. After this date remaining seats open to public.

For those sailing we plan to meet at the canal heritage centre at 11:30.

Lots of other options for the morning/lunch;  pub, Chichester City center( less than 10 minutes walk from overflow car park on the school grounds adjacent the planetarium which we can use all day) , or tangmere museum  -  http://www.tangmere-museum.org.uk/   - 5km away,  among other attractions.

You can pay me at the next observing evening or meeting or, if not at either of those two events, on the day.

Cheers, Sue.

doug

Hi Sue. Rose and I are very interested in going on the boat trip; sounds splendiferous. Pay you at the Observing evening get-together.

Cheers, Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mac

Roy, Sue

Can you check that I have been added to the trip for the planetarium please.

I wont confirm the boat trip, I'll just get a ticket on the day.

I'll have to pay you on the day if thats ok, or if you PM me, i can pay you by card.

Cheers

Mac.

Roy

Thanks Mac, I do have your name down for the Planetarium. If you want to pay on the day you can give me cash so I ( or Tom) can pay for us all together or you could pay direct at the desk as long as you say you are one of OAS party or we may get a bill for missing bodies!

Cheers, Sue.

Roy

Hello Doug and Rose,

I have got you both down for the canal trip.

Cheers, Sue.

Roy

I have now finalised booking and paid for the canal trip for everyone who has been in touch /signed the sheet  up until last Saturday, 16 in total. If you are reading this and would like to come there are still a few seats left on the boat as I write.  You can make an online booking direct https://chichestercanal.org.uk/bookings/  if you would like to.

Regarding the planetarium, they are holding twenty seats for us at the moment and I have 19 members confirmed. Again you can book in person online nearer the time  or let me know you are going to come.

Roy and I are going to Kelling and may not get e-mails for the next couple of weeks so anyone contacting us unlikely to get a reply before 15th Sept.

Cheers, Sue.

ApophisAstros

I would like to go to both and am not sure if i'm signed up already?
I am making my own way there.
I can pay you at Kelling if thats ok.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roy

Hello Roger,

Yes I have you booked for both. You asked about any plans for before the canal trip. As far as I know people generally with a 2ish hour drive are heading down for a 11:30 met at the canal heritage centre but if you have something in mind you could maybe suggest it here or at next meeting.

Cheers, Sue.

ApophisAstros

Thats good for me just to meet at 11.30 for the canal trip, i am getting the 10am train so i will potter around,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Kenny

I'll be there for both and probably wandering the streets beforehand exploring.

Roy

I have put a link here to the latest map. It shows the planetarium and canal basin.
https://www.southdowns.org.uk/pdf/HowToFindUsFullMap.pdf

Timings proposed for the day :

Meet at canal Heritage centre at 11:30. Boat leaves at 12:00 returns 13:15
Meet in the Planetarium car park at 14:30 - 14:45. The doors will open at the planetarium at 14:45 or just after. Show 15:30-16:40 approx.

There is a shop and loos but no cafe at the Planetarium.  We can get drinks, sandwiches and cake at the canal centre. Some people are bringing a packed lunch with them, there are places to eat a picnic at the canal centre.

I have spoken to John Mason this morning and confirmed our booking, presentation he will give us is entitled 'The northern lights (auroras borialis)  https://www.southdowns.org.uk/177339aurora.html

I am going to pay for us ( 21) in cash at the planetarium on the day. Thank you to all who gave me money at the observing evening. I am happy to take cheques, made payable to Sue Peters or Roy Peters or cash for both the canal trip and planetarium show at the meeting next Wednesday evening. Otherwise could you bring cash for the canal trip/planetarium on the day please.

If anyone else would like to come there are three places left on the boat as I write and still spaces at the planetarium.Please phone/book online and pay for yourself. Do not leave it too late, the Planetarium was fully booked in advance last Sunday. Perhaps let me know if you are coming on the day too so we can look out for you.

Thanks, Sue.