• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First light with CCD MONO M33 -Reprocessed with RGB

Started by ApophisAstros, Jul 24, 2018, 21:00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

^^^
Luminance only
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vvv
LRBG

STILL NO FLATS...
Think i might try longer subs next time.

Luminance x 57 @ 60 seconds and Red x 29 Blue x 28 Green x 8 @ 30 seconds
NO binning
Dithered in APT/PHD2
Stacked with DSS 4.01 64bit
Processed with Phototshop CC 64bit

Went out last night to test the new camera and filter wheel , totally compatible with Astro Photography Tool as thats what im used to so quite happy with that lots more to do though including cooling the camera down last night to minus 10 and at the end of the session warming it up again to prevent thermal shock apparently , i think ive got thermal shock that i found 3 alignment stars , focused and found my target  all on first usage, although not framed well as it was getting late and i wanted to start imaging whilst still dark.I did do Flats but think i failed to save them properly , think i know for next time though.

ZWO ASI183MM PRO COOLED Monochrome 4/3" CMOS USB3.0 Deep Sky Imager Camera
  features a 1" CMOS Sensor (15.86mm diagonal) with a resolution of 20 Megapixels (5496 x 3672 pixels) with an individual pixel size of 2.4 microns. The exposure range of this camera runs from 32us to 2000 seconds duration and the camera can capture at up to 23FPS at full resolution with a peak read noise measurement of 1.7e @ 27db gain.
This camera's built in cooling system can take the sensor's temperature down to 35-40° C below ambient.
Imaging telescope or lens:SkyWatcher 120ED Imaging System for Canon DSLR Cameras
Mount:Skywatcher EQ6-R PRO Synscan
Guiding cameras:Skywatcher 9x50 Finderscope,  QHYCCD 5L-II MONO
Focal reducer:Skywatcher 0.85x Focal Reducer/Corrector for Evostar-120ED
Software:ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC,  DeepSkyStacker x64 by Luc Coiffier, Tony Cook, David C. Partridge Deepsky Stacker 4.1 64bit,  Astro Photography Tool
Filters:ZWO CCD LRGB Filter-Set 36mm,  zwo EFW 7-position Filter Wheel for 36mm Unmounted Filters
Accessory:QHYCCD PoleMaster
Resolution: 5496x3672
Dates: July 23, 2018
Frames: 122x60"
Integration: 2.0 hours
Avg. Moon age: 10.86 days
Avg. Moon phase: 83.68%
Astrometry.net job: 2165003
RA center: 23.604 degrees
DEC center: 30.708 degrees
Pixel scale: 0.629 arcsec/pixel
Orientation: 89.751 degrees
Field radius: 0.577 degrees
Locations: Home, Worthing, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Data source: Backyard
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Excellent first light!  You've picked up plenty of faint structure in that galaxy.

Looking forward to the colour version.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Cheers Mark, i was just making sure everything worked ok, this was a bonus.
Amazed to get NGC604 in there  2.7 million lya.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Great detail for only 60 seconds.  What did you do with the RGB, is that in the image above?

Carole

The Thing

Excellent! Looking forward to more.

BTW I use APT and use the Cooiling/Warming tools, but I'm not actually sure if modern CMOS chips will suffer from rapid cooling or warming, I have read various opinions and haven't had a problem closing APT and switching to SharpCap and resuming cooling. This weather the CMOS heats up pretty fast.