• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSCs 2018

Started by Carole, Jan 28, 2018, 09:55:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Can I have some indication of who is planning to attend DSCs in 2018 obviously weather dependent.
Also how frequently you are likely to attend.  I had not planned a DSC for Sept 2018 but as a few members who normally attend Kelling have decided not to go again due to the complex and difficult bookings procedure at Kelling, the OAS DSC in September could be reinstated.

I have 2 maybe 3 non members starting to attend now too, to help build the numbers up:

I know about the following people:

Julian (as work permits) (Campervan)
Roger (POD/Cabin) Booked for March
Carole (not Sept as at Kelling) (Campervan)
Dave T (non member) (Campervan) (All dates except March as going to SGL star party)
Ray D (non member- when in the UK) (Pod/Cabin/ Tent) (Not March going to SGL star party))
Rob and Rafal - March, May, August (Romahome)
Mark (Tent)
Roland (I presume tent) (from SGL)
Mac has expressed an interest (tent)

If you were a previous attendee but feel you are unlikely to be attending, please also mention that too as I am trying to get an idea of potential numbers.

Carole

Dates reminder - these are the official dates but other months can be added if wanted (in lime green)
March 16 - 18 booked are: Roger (Pod), Rafal and Robert Romahome, Carole (campervan)
April 13 - 15 (Some might be at Kelling)
May 11 - 13 Rob and Rafal
July 13 - 15
  (This month needs booking at Cairds to reserve a pitch)
August 10 - 12 (this month needs booking to reserve a pitch) Rob and Rafal
Sept 7 - 9 (Some might be at kelling)
October 5 - 7
November 2 - 4

Peak camping dates of July and August need to be booked in advance and paid for if you don't go as it is peak time for Pete at Cairds, or we risk no spaces being available last minute.  Roger, Dave and I went peak time last year and despite being busy, it was not too bad being a small camp and all the other campers were quite co-operative with lights etc.

ApophisAstros

Cant wait for the DSCs as haven't had much chance over the last couple of months.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

RafalK

Rob and I will be coming with Rob's Romahome to the March, May and August DSCs - already booked the pitch.

Carole

QuoteRob and I will be coming with Rob's Romahome to the March, May and August DSCs
Great, will add you to the list in the first post.

Quotealready booked the pitch.
Very keen. 

Carole

Carole

Great Mark, I have added all the dates now to the top post.

Carole

Mac

Depending on my Annual Leave and work, im always a possible, but going on the previous few years
my work has been keeping me busy.

Mac.

ApophisAstros

Booked the pod for March , from the 15th Thurs morning and will stay until Monday morning if worth it.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Great, well that will make 4 of us at least.

Carole