• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 2024 and IC 434 plus ***Reprocessed

Started by ApophisAstros, Nov 26, 2017, 16:07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Lot happening here:
IC 435, IC 432,IC 431 Reflection Nebula
NGC 2024 Flame Nebula
NGC 2023 Emission Nebula
IC 434 Horsehead nebula
The star Alnitak (ζOri) Left most on Orion's belt.
The star σOri

Reprocessed with DSS 4.01 Beta 1 and Adobe Photoshop CC
40 x Lights at 300s
28 x Flats
28 x Darks
20 x Bias

Originally looked to image M42 , but while waiting for it to come up caught this and spent all night with it , this is the pre meridian flip set.
20 x Lights at 300s
28 x Flats
28 x Darks
20 x Bias
Processed with DSS and Photoshop CC 64bit.
Roger.
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Well done Roger, that's probably the best bit of processing you have done so far, Alnitak is well controlled as it's a bit of a pig.

I would however have expected a bit more nebulosity in the Veil behind the horse - maybe it needs more data, and it would certainly benefit from that.  Will be good to see what you get once you've added the post meridian flip data.

Carole

JohnP

Hi Roger,

Very - is that your first time to image 'horsehead' - I can remember my excitement the first time I captured it - Took me the whole night at one of the original DSC's - http://jpastronomy.co.uk/graphics/archive%20images/latest_12.html  Image totally crap compared to yours. You did very well& like carole said well processed - A few more subs would really help.

John

ApophisAstros

Thanks Carole and Johnp, i am very pleased with it. Could even see the Flame Neb faintly live in my guide scope!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.