• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evening 14th November.

Started by doug, Nov 12, 2017, 17:14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Just a gentle reminder that the Observing Evening on Tuesday 14th November will have an interesting talk to be given by Carole Pope... Imaging for Absolute Beginners. Hope to see everybody there at the OVMH at 8.00 pm.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

I wrongly stated that the talk was "Observing for Absolute Beginners" and it should have read "Imaging for Absolute Beginners" Very sorry for the mistake and I have email the OAS ToasT list with an errata message. It`s late and my fingers ain`t what they used to be.... I tend to hit the wrong letters sometimes.....

Sorry for the cock-up. But still come along to the Observing Evening .....

Doug.

doug

Tonight`s the night ...... see you all at the OVMH at 8.00pm

Doug.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

doug

Rose and I would like to say a huge thanks to everybody who turned up at the OVMH for the Observing evening yesterday. A very special thank you goes to Carole Pope who gave a very interesting and illustrated talk about imaging, and also Roy Peters for demonstrating with his large telescope the intricacies of imaging.... although the stars were absent.   

We had 20 members and 2 guests, which was an excellent turnout, plus Sue, who did her usual magic job of supplying tea and bikkies from the kitchen.

Once again, thank you all for a most enjoyable evening, and hope to see you all on December 19th for our Christmas Observing Evening. You never know, there may be mince pies and stuff to go with the tea that evening.

Cheers, Doug.