• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M78 HaLRGB

Started by Carole, Oct 29, 2017, 07:14:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Taken at Cairds campsite on Friday 27-10-2017
Been trying to get this for 2 years but never seemed to be in the right place at the right time (hopeless from home).  I got some nice luminance previously but could never seem to get any colour.  So I hedged my bets and put the DSLR on the 2nd scope, but have not processed that data yet.

WO ZS71 & Atik 460EX + FR x 0.8
Lum 11 x 600
Ha 12 x 600
RGB 11 x 150 each binned x 2
5 hours of data

Stacked in Astroart, processed in Photoshop including Mark's arcsinh star colour process, and registered in Registar.

Carole

Going back to Cairds tonight, hoping to grab a bit more luminance.

Carole

The Thing

Very nice Carole, I particularly like the arc of stars peeping through the dust just left of centre.

Carole

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

MarkS

That has come out really nicely Carole!

It's a difficult target, so it shows to me that you had good skies on Friday night.  The sky at High Halden was slightly better than average but I made the schoolboy error of leaving the Bahtinov mask on the scope during the imaging session.   :oops:

With more luminance it should look even better still.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark. Still waiting for the Moon to set, then hopefully a little more Luminance.

Carole