• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Next DSC 20 - 22nd October

Started by Carole, Sep 28, 2017, 16:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Ray D (SGL) will be coming to DSC for the first time and says while he has all the gear he has no idea....but he is referring to camping not to imaging ha ha! 

He has offered to go out and get a take away, so I wondered what every-one thought about that for perhaps Saturday night.  I think Chinese and fish and chips are possibles, but I think he needs to go to only one place as they are each quite a drive in different directions.

So assuming he is OK with this, what are the votes for Chinese, Fish and Chips, Neither.
I will also separately E mail him and Dave T who are not on the Forum, though I think Dave T is currently at SGL star party in Hereford, talk about a glutton for punishment, but maybe he can pick up E Mails.

Carole

Carole

Food feedback

Carole  - F&C or Chinese
Davey T - F&C
Mark - F&C
Julian
Mac
Ray D
Roger F&C

ApophisAstros

I`m staying sat night aswell so can i go for F & C please.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

ApophisAstros

If Ray D needs a no2 to help go get it , i will volunteer.
Just changed my booking to Fri/Sat as Thurs rained off but Friday night looks good.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thanks Roger.  Must let Pete know numbers.

Carole

Carole

Saturday after midnight and Sunday night are looking good ATM except there could be a moderate breeze.  friday night is part cloud and part clear up to midnight.

Carole

MarkS

I hear Brian is planning to breeze along, uninvited?

Mark

Carole

Brian as in Brian Weller?

Will be great to see him, all members are welcome.

Starting packing already.

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Brian as in Brian Weller?

NO!!  Brian as in Storm Brian.

Mark

Carole

OMG I didn't know about that.  Need to keep an eye on things over next 24 hours then as no point in going if its going to be really windy and the forecast not great anyway.

I think it's going to be a NO GO in that case, can every-one planning to go keep an eye on this forum and "check in" a) To say you have seen this post and b) Once a decision has been reached.

I will keep in touch with Ray and Dave as they are not on this forum.

Carole

MarkS

It'll be disappointing if we don't go but the forecast does look a bit "lively" :(

Mark

julian

Carole

Today's update on the weather at Ticehurst on yr.no is:

Friday - partly cloudy until 1am then cloud & rain (up to 4.4 mm) with moderate breeze 6 m/s

Saturday - Rain all day until 7pm then some clear skies until 1am with some cloud but a strong breeze at 12 m/s (I have not learnt all the wind rates but I think 12 m/s is pretty darn strong for our purposes).

Sunday (for those who can stay) - no rain during the daytime and partly cloudy 7pm - 1am and then clear through the rest of the night.  Wind rate 6 m/s

The forecast is changing frequently, at the moment it doesn't look great for those who can only come Friday and Saturday.

We'll make a final decision this evening, can you all make you comments so I know what you are thinking?

Carole

Carole

If DSC is cancelled and the forecast remains the same I might go down for just the Sunday night. 

Carole