Author Topic: OAS Picnic.  (Read 93 times)

doug

• Observing Officer
  • O. A. S.
  • Cluster Class
OAS Picnic.
« on: Jul 12, 2017, 10:12:11 »
    There is going to be an OAS picnic on Sunday, 27th August, on the field behind the Otford Village Memorial Hall, Otford. Bring your own food and drinks, and perhaps chairs. If it`s going to be sunny, then a small telescope may be fun to observe the sunspots, if any if anybody cares to bring one along. If the weather is rainy or inclement, then perhaps we can retire to the Bull pub opposite the field entrance/car park.

I will put the list of possible participants on the table for the next meeting on the 26th July, so that interested parties can put their name on the list. It could be a fun afternoon, and if people are feeling energetic, they can walk the Solar System walk from the field, starting at the Sun at the far end.

Let`s hope it is a good day out.

Doug. 
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2017, 10:34:12 by doug »
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

• Observing Consultant
  • O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
    • Electronicle
Re: OAS Picnic.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2017, 14:01:06 »
What a shame I didn't know about this earlier as I've just agreed to help run a radio building workshop at Chatham Docks on that date. Would have been nice to see everybody. Oh well.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

• Galaxy Cluster
    • Carole's images
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2017, 14:41:06 »
Thought you were coming to August DSC which is the same weekend Mike.

Carole

Mike

• Observing Consultant
  • O. A. S.
  • Galaxy Cluster
    • Electronicle
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2017, 11:39:41 »
No I've bowed out Carole. I was asked to help a friend run the workshop and it is paid work. Plus, not keen on paying for the pitch if it is a gamble if the DSC would even go ahead or not.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Apophis

• O. A. S.
  • Star Class
  • Skywatcher
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2017, 13:07:51 »
i will always go anyway to DSC just for the break from the rat race!!
Roger :lol:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 15:57:10 by Apophis »
A bad night under the stars is better then the best day under the clouds

Delphine

• O. A. S.
  • Star Class
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 12:23:43 »
Hi Doug

Please can you put our name on the list for the Otford  picnic.  I forgot to do it last night.

Thanks
Delphine