• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

EQMOD setup on EQ6R

Started by ApophisAstros, May 10, 2017, 21:17:30

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Managed to setup Ascom and EQMOD set up on laptop and are able to control mount and park back to home ok , now got to workout how to get Stellarium to direct the scope!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Quote from: Apophis
Managed to setup Ascom and EQMOD set up on laptop and are able to control mount and park back to home ok , now got to workout how to get Stellarium to direct the scope!
Roger

Well done!  That's a giant step forward and it's well worth mastering it early on.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Thanks Mark , Have got APT to guide scope but can`t as yet get Stellarium to do it even using the right scripts..
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Stellarium is a bit tricky to set up.  You need something called Stellariumscope installed and even then it won't always work.  I had some-one try to help do it for me remotely who knew how to do it, but he had to give up on my laptop. 

Far easier is Carte Du Ciel, it might not look as pretty as Stellarium but it works very well.

Well done on getting as far as you have though.

Carole

Roy

Last Autumn I set up controlling the mount (an HEQ5) using EQMOD and Stellarium and Stellarium Scope, and I have to say that I thought it was relatively easy and worked first time. That said, I have heard the latest versions of EQMOD and ASCOM are much better than previous versions. I suggest you have a look at both Stellarium and Cartes du Ciel and see which you like best; I do not particularly like the Carte du Ciels interface but that's nothing more than personal preference. At the end of the day, computer control of the mount is far superior in most aspects than using the hand set, especially if you are getting into imaging. Finally, if you have you have any problems feel free to contact me directly.
Cheers
Roy

ApophisAstros

Thanks for that Roy and Carole.
Roger

ApophisAstros

Managed to get both Carte Du Ciel and Stellarium working and slewing to targets even tracks in Solar mode for Sun watchers ,
Roger

Roy

Well done and have fun.
Roy

Carole

Well done Roger. 

Carole