• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Pacific Northwest Nights - A Timelapse Journey

Started by ApophisAstros, May 07, 2017, 10:56:25

Previous topic - Next topic

ApophisAstros

Stunning...actually see spiral galaxies with your eyes,,,wow
Roger
https://vimeo.com/214616715
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Beautiful video, thanks for posting it Roger.

MarkS

Fantastic video!

However, I found myself completely distracted by watching the concentric coloured bands in the background sky.  I know I continually bleat on about such problems on the Sony A7S but he was using Nikon D750 and Nikon D810.  Maybe he was using a strange acquisition technique or he took some shortcuts in processing the data.

It's why I've made it my mission to understand these problems.  Without a proper understanding, I could easily end up buying another camera that cooks the raws in a manner that makes it unsuitable for deep sky astrophotography.

Mark

JohnP

QuoteHowever, I found myself completely distracted by watching the concentric coloured bands in the background sky..

I actually thought that was aurora... oppps... :oops:

Carole

There was Aurora John, but Mark can spot what others cannot, especially as he has recently had a lot of unfortunate practice.

Carole

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
There was Aurora John, but Mark can spot what others cannot, especially as he has recently had a lot of unfortunate practice.

Yes, there was an aurora but in the other clips there were lots of weird moving coloured bands that shouldn't be there.

Mark