• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening with guests...

Started by doug, Nov 21, 2016, 16:39:32

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Don`t forget that tomorrow is the first Observing evening at the Otford Village Memorial Hall .... hopefully with guests. We will start about 20.00hrs, welcoming guests to our Observing evening (let`s hope the weather has a few slots of cloud free weather) and I believe that a couple of people will give a talk about various subjects. We really want to make this a success, so that we can continue to expand the Observing evenings with the public. So please support us; this may encourage new members to join. I believe we have some Cub Scouts coming along in respect of their Astronomy badge so that should be interesting.... young enquiring minds and all that.

See you tomorrow, Doug.

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Roy

Doug,

Just to let you know both Sue and I will be coming and we will be bringing 2 telescopes. Please be aware that we may be a few minutes late as we have a neighbours leaving do to go to.

Roy

Carole

Planning to come Doug, not quite sure where the place is, think it's approx. halfway along on the left.  See you later.

Carole

doug

I would just like to say a big thank you to all members and guests for the support last night at the Observing evening ... it was excellent. We had 15 members and 13 guests turn up; some of which we hope to see at the next meeting on Thursday. Carole gave a talk about imaging, then the guests went and had a look at some of the telescopes that had been erected (thanks Cliff, Sue, Roy and Klitos and Rachel and Robert for their Star Trackers).

Then the sky cleared a bit and we saw Auriga, Orion, Hyades, Pleiades and other things; all made the evening a real success. Once again, thanks very much for being there. I hope that next time, on the 13th December, Ivor will give his star trails talk..... which unfortunately he didn`t have time to do.

Doug.

doug

Observing evening .... didn`t we do well !!! An excellent evening,  and we looked at the sky !!!