• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 28 - 30th October

Started by Carole, Oct 18, 2016, 15:39:04

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

It was a jest, Carole. No offence intended.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Sorry been out of touch the last few days as my mum died on Thursday, horrible few days and lots to do, but getting on top of it now. 

Weather is not looking great at the moment for the weekend on the long range forecast.  However Wednesday and Thursday are currently forecast clear all night for Ticehurst.  If I can get the packing done in time I might go for those two nights. 

Any of you retired people fancy coming too, the POD might be available mid-week? Not the same as a DSC of course, but its such rubbish imaging from Bromley I must get to some dark sites during the winter period.

If I go I am not sure if I can get on the forum from Cairds, so might have to ring one of you for an update on weather forecast and who is coming, any-one mind if I take their phone number? 

Anyway, see what replies and weather forecast comes up in next 36 hours.

Carole

Fay

Sue dont worry. I dont own the POD, ha ha ha when I said I want to know whats going on, I meant with my foot, not the POD!!!!!   LOL

sorry about your mum Carole, always something happening.

I had that bursitus just as I was going dog sledding in the Yukon. I had a huge injection, by an arm doctor, he was not sure if it would work or not. Lucky it did as I would never have handled all those dogs!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Apart from the pain my biggest problem with the hip at the moment is bending down as it is really painful even after taking the tablets.

Carole

Sue

So sorry to hear about your Mum Carole.

We were considering trying the pod for a couple of days, probably in the week when the weather turned promising, so will look closely at the forecasts over the next couple of days and let you know Carole.

We were thinking Fay, first we try and pinch your favourite caravan, now the Pod, will you still be speaking to us.... LOL!!!

ApophisAstros

My sister was going to look after my dad for weekend but her husband has become poorly  , maybe a stroke. Obviously she doesn't want to leave him at this time , so i wont be able to come to DSC .
Although i still plan to come to meeting on 27th , hope to see you  all then.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

I'll be watching the cloud forecast before making my final decision.  Not looking hopeful at the moment :(

Mark

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Oct 26, 2016, 08:11:44
I'll be watching the cloud forecast before making my final decision.  Not looking hopeful at the moment :(

Mark

The weekend over here is looking rather promising😉😀for a change.

Carole

Friday after midnight (maybe 1am) is looking OK, but Saturday looks like cloud.

Who is still going?

Carole

Sue

Sorry not this weekend.

Sue and Roy

julian

Just checked the weather not looking good.
I will be carrying on with the rebuild of my dob at home.
I have booked Kelling for 4 days next month so can't make DSC if there is one.

Julian

MarkS

I'm coming to the meeting tonight because I won't be packing :(

Mark

Carole

I'll let Pete know.

So from what I can see we haven't had a single DSC in 2016.  Last one was late 2015. Or have I forgotten one?

Carole

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
I'll let Pete know.

So from what I can see we haven't had a single DSC in 2016.  Last one was late 2015. Or have I forgotten one?

That's right - not a single DSC so far in 2016.  There were 2 Kelling Heath expeditions though.

Mark

Carole

Plus I went to SGLX in March.

Carole