• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Watch, Knole Park, Sevenoaks- Monday 24th October 2016 11:00-15:00

Started by Roy, Sep 09, 2016, 13:25:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Hello Everyone,

This is to confirm that weather permitting we are going ahead with the 'sidewalk style' solar watch in Knole Park , on the Monday of half term 24th Oct 2016

Several of you have already offered to come along, thank you. Roy and me intend to be there to set up from 10am. Anyone who is coming to help and not a National Trust member (free entry on membership card) will not have to pay but need to let me know beforehand so the gate can be informed.

I would be grateful to hear if you are thinking of coming to help and what instruments you are thinking of bringing so I can draw up a list. Ideally it would be good to have more OAS members than telescopes as we will be in a public space. It makes logistics for breaks easier if we are busy.

Everyone is welcome for part or all of the event.

Cheers, Sue.

Sue

Thank you to Jim, Robin, Doug and Rose, and Roy who have confirmed they will be at the event.

Sue

A week to go, I will make a call on Sunday 23rd and post here either way depending on the weather. Please feel free to turn up on the day. Normal parking charges apply if you are not an NT member and haven't let me know you are coming in advance.

doug

Hi Sue and Roy.  Rose and I are coming along with our SkyWatcher 130mm scope and white light filter.  It won`t track ...has no solar tracking app on it ... but I jog it along :)

See you then, Rug and Doze.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Sue

Sue

I am sorry to say I am cancelling the solar watch at Knole tomorrow.There appears no chance of any clear sky , the occluded front that has been lurking on the forecasts for the past couple of days for tomorrow is not going to shift now.

I hope we will have another opportunity to try again next year. I will keep you all in the loop.