• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing evening reminder

Started by doug, Jul 12, 2016, 10:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Just to say .... having omitted to remind everybody ... that there is an Observing evening tonight (12th July). Meet at the Change of Horses at 2015hrs and we will see what happens. Sorry about this, but having returned from holiday we are both trying to catch up with events.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

Unfortunately I have a prior arrangement but I hope you have a lovely evening.

Robert

RachelC

Hi Doug.

Sorry but won't be able to make this evening.

Regards
Rachel

doug

We went to the pub at 20.15 hrs and waited until 20.45 hrs.... nobody turned up so we went home. We are not going to wait in the pub for non-arrivals all evening; it is a waste of my time. If this is going to be the format for the Observing evenings in the future then I am seriously considering curtailing the observing evenings until the skies darken later in the year. I am sure that people who wish to observe the skies do not want to stay out until 23.00hrs as some of them may have to go to work the following morning.

If people really want the Observing evenings to continue, then may I suggest you let me or one of the Committee know your intentions. I will be raising this point at the next Ctte meeting, and will make a final decision then. There is too much apathy and "can`t be bothered" attitude in the Society at the moment and this has to change. I will not say any more at the moment but I am feeling very sad about it all...... what`s happening to all the people?? C`mon, chaps, let`s get this wonderful Society that we all belong to up and running again before it`s too late. Sometimes change can be for the better.... or worse!!!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...