• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC June 3 - 5th

Started by Carole, May 26, 2016, 22:42:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Is any-one wanting to go to this, I shall be on holiday but Mark would like to go if there are any others wanting to go.

I haven't sussed out a venue yet, and I think Cairds are likely to be booked up, so I will wait on replies.

Carole

RobertM

Mike

I'm on holiday that weekend too.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Hi Robert and Mark.  Mark says if there are only two he would make the DSC at HIS place, so will hold off sussing out the campsites until I know more people are going.

Carole

Fay

I will hopefully be going
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

OK so if there are 3 of you, I'll suss out the camps. 

Carole

Delphine

I can't make it this time unfortunately.

Carole

Cairds is fully booked for Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are OK (though Sunday is probably no help to you guys).

So I have sent another message to see if - as it will be only tents on this occasion with me and Julian not available, and I presume the Glamping POD is booked - whether you can pitch on the other side of the fence but still using hook up.  This was a suggestion Pete made at one time, so just waiting to hear back from him.  I guess the cars would have to park elsewhere though. 

However Friday might have children around as he says it is fully booked because it is half term. 

Will report back when I have heard from him again.

Carole

julian

I can't make it this time unfortunately.

Julian

Carole

Not heard back from Pete at Cairds, he's normally quite prompt, so maybe he is away himself for the bank holidat weekend.  If I have not heard by Tuesday I will ring him.

Carole

MarkS

It's a bit of a hassle if we have to park away from the tents.

Another possibility is that we just have an impromptu imaging night at my place on the Saturday - if the weather forecast looks clear.  The forecast is not looking very good this week in any case.

Mark

Carole

Quotewe just have an impromptu imaging night at my place on the Saturday - if the weather forecast looks clear.
Still not heard back from Pete.

With my holiday imminent and lots of things to do, can I leave it like that, and thank you Mark for suggesting this.

Carole

Fay

Looks like this weather is in for a few days, Mark
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Friday night is solid cloud.
The Saturday night forecast is better than it was but still not good.
Sunday daytime looks great though :(

Mark

MarkS

Saturday night forecast now looking quite hopeful (following any evening showers).

Mark