• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

April DSC

Started by Carole, Mar 04, 2016, 11:16:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I know this is early, but as a few have booked for Kelling in April, does any-one want to make an OAS April alternative DSC 8 - 10th April.

I am not going to Kelling and would like to do the April DSC, so who else would like to come?

It will be very reduced numbers of course, Fay, Mark, Sue & Roy, Delphine & Ian and Doug & Rose, Julian & Lorraine being at Kelling.

Duncan, Mike, Robert, Mac, Ivor ????????  etc

Carole

Ivor

I'm tempted but my new job is keeping me very busy so I'll not know until a lot nearer the time. Anyone else?

Carole

So no-one else interested then for April?
I'd like to go and it's nicer if I am not on my own. 

Carole

Mike

We are actually away that weekend so won't be able to make this one.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

Cant make this one as im in the states,

But i have my new tent now  8)

Mac.

Carole

Well we are down to Duncan and Robert as remaining candidates.  Duncan doesn't come over that often, so is a long shot anyway.

But I am doing a short presentation at the meeting on DSC just to familiarise new members with what goes on, so could pick up some new people maybe.

Carole

The Thing

We are still deciding when to come over, it has to be before 20th April (it's a 90 day car insurance limit thing) so don't rule me out yet!

Carole

That would be nice if you can make it Duncan,, I have been there on my own, but it's not the same.
Lets hope the weather will be fine.

Carole

RobertM

Sorry Carole, it looks like you may be keeping yourself company, I expect to be at Kelling.

Carole

Well if no-one is going to local DSC I might see if I can get a pitch at Kelling - if you can't beat them join them.  Just didn't want another long drive only 3 weeks after going to Hereford.

I'll hang on to see if Duncan is going to DSC first.

Carole

Ivor

I might come for a night especially if Duncan is coming, I want to dust off my planetary skills. I don't have a stove at the moment I had to lend it someone so my facilities will be very limited.

Carole

Ivor, I have a spare camping stove (Gas) and a single electric hotplate, both are kept in the van, so no problem.  Would be great if you could come.

Carole

ApophisAstros

looks like i might have weekend free and would like to dust off the camping stuff and tryout my moon chair that i havent had chance to use!!!
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

OK, I'll investigate the ground at Cairds.  Looks like Roger, me and Ivor for one night now, weather permitting.

Carole