• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Soul Nebula ROI - IC1871 Hubble palette

Started by Carole, Jan 01, 2016, 23:56:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Scrap the previous image I did of this, I wanted a bigger FOV so I swapped the telescope.
Took this on New Years Eve, not a lot of data but with British weather I'll be waiting forever, so thought I'd post up what I have done so far. 

Didn't look to be hardly any data in Oiii.
Skywatcher ED80 and Atik314L, Baader Filters
Ha 6 x 900secs, + 5 x 1200secs
Oiii 3 x 900 (sky deteriorating at this stage)
Sii 4 x 900secs
Mapped SHO

Total time = 4hours 35mins

Fay

Well that looks very good Carole. nice blue. you worked hard to get it
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

RobertM

That looks very nice Carole, quite a subtle colour palette plus you've managed to keep the stars nicely in check.  It will have much more contrast when further data is added.

Robert

Carole

Thank you Robert.  This is my personal challenge this year, to get better control of star sizes, and better star colour when doing RGB.

As for getting extra data, that all depends on the clouds as we all know.

Carole

MarkS

That's come out really nicely.  The colours look excellent.

Mark

The Thing

Very nice Carole. Looks classy with that colour scheme.

JohnP

Carole that does look good - not a fan of narrowband colour images myself but must admit this one looks very good (especially seeing you took it from Brombles) - very good. Out of interest what S/W you using these days to combine all the data etc.

John

Carole

Thanks, Mark, Duncan and John.

John, I must admit I don't like the strong yellows and blues together that so many people produce with Hubble palette, but I have seen variations and more subtle tones of this so am having a go at them.

QuoteOut of interest what S/W you using these days to combine all the data etc.
I stack in Astroart these days, register in Registar and do all the rest of my processing in Photoshop.

Carole