• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Soul Nebula IC1848 ROI - WIP

Started by Carole, Dec 30, 2015, 14:00:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Not done any imaging since Cairds - been a bit in the doldrums regarding imaging from home due to LP and hadn't even bothered to unpack the kit since my last astrocamp.

Anyway, finally got myself together as there was clear sky forecast for a few hours last night athough naturally it didn't last as long as predicted, with intermittent unpredicted clouds as well.

Only managed 1 1/2 hours of Ha so this is definitely a work in progress.
This is a Region of Interest in the Soul nebula and am planning to add Oiii and Sii and a lot more Ha, but thought I'd give Ivor something to post up next meeting if I don't manage to get any more data.

9 x 600secs Ha Atik314
Skywatcher ED120

RobertM

A good start Carole, it needs a lot of exposure to get all the swirling dust around the central pillar.

Robert
PS. Know how you feel about the weather, am in almost the same boat !

Fay

Well good start Carole. I  did get outside last night but my Hitec astro hub would not work. so bit of a setback, as you say not clear for as long as they said.

this has reminded me to test it with another cable
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thanks Fay and Robert.

QuoteKnow how you feel about the weather
It's not just the weather Robert, I feel I have got to the point where I feel there is not a lot of point in doing much from Home any more, not many targets I haven't already done, and those that I haven't probably need a dark site anyway.
I only want to do repeats if I am going to improve on what I have done before.  No chance of doing that in Bromley. Even narrowband I can only do the brightest objects, anything faint is rubbish from home.

Quotemy Hitec astro hub would not work
That's a bummer Fay, I seem to recall you having problems with it before.  Have you no back up method?

Carole

Fay

Got it going again tonight indoors
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Typical works when it's cloudy and raining, and when you really need it........

Actually my flats panel packed up last night, so I took a chance on doing daytime flats with a black bag wrapped around the camera and EFW.  Seems to have worked thank goodness.

Carole