• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Science Museum- Space flight talk, 19:30+ Cosmonauts exhibition - 15/01/16

Started by Sue, Dec 20, 2015, 11:47:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

Just been sent this evening event notification from the Royal Society for a Friday night - Jan 15th, at the Science Museum.  £5 just the talk, £16 if you include the Cosmonauts exhibition too (have to choose a time before talk to go round). Roy and I are going for both and thought some of you might be interested too.........

https://royalsociety.org/events/2016/01/human-spaceflight/?utm_source=Adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4199

We have booked for the tour of the Cosmonauts exhib. at 18:00.

Cheers, Sue.

doug

Rose and I are VERY interested in seeing this, Sue. We wondered if somebody would suggest a trip up there. like we did for some of the other outings.

Doug .... and Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Sue

We were thinking we would go up in the New year but then we found out about this one off talk/discussion as well (Monica Grady, Chris Lintot and Sir Martin Rees) so decided to do both and have a potter about in London/possibly visit a relative earlier in the day. Be great Doug and Rose, and any other society members, if you wanted to join us for the evening.
Otherwise I think if you can gather a group of 10+ for the exhibition then there is a discount. Jim and Hugh have already visited and said it was quite busy but you can book timed tickets, as individuals, for the exhibition in advance to avoid queuing. It finishes on the 13th March so not a lot of time to organise a  formal society outing now.