• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cave Nebula region

Started by MarkS, Nov 10, 2015, 21:48:54

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Here is the Cave Nebula region, extending just as far as the Bubble Nebula at bottom of the extreme left.  Taken at the beginning of September but only now processed.

Modified Sony A7S on Tak Epsilon 180ED. 2 hours of data in 3 minute subs at ISO 2000.

Larger version here: http://www.markshelley.co.uk/Astronomy/2015/cave20150906.jpg

There's an incredibly bright H-alpha object 3/4 of the way between the Cave and the Bubble.   I don't know what it is.

Mark

The Thing

Astonishing. 2 hours of data. Wow.

Carole

Lovely image Mark.

QuoteThere's an incredibly bright H-alpha object 3/4 of the way between the Cave and the Bubble.   I don't know what it is.
I think that's NGC7538

Carole

JohnP

Bloody 'ell Mark - really pissing me off with all these gorgeous wide-field images your posting in such a short time.. ;-) I just can't believe you have got such a smooth, detailed & coloured image (one shot) in only 2 hours.. You must be well haps with the results you are getting now.

John

Carole

Yes fast scope and fast camera, killer combination.

Carole

JohnP

don't forget dark skies....

Carole

Quotedon't forget dark skies....
Yes that too.

Carole

julian

Don't forget all the know how to put it all together.

Fay

Lovely star colours, Mark, what else are you going to bring out of the bag?

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Thanks for your comments.   Yes, I'm pretty pleased with this imaging combination.

I've still got a few "in the bag" waiting to be processed.

Mark