• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lunar eclipse animation

Started by Carole, Oct 02, 2015, 11:43:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I finally did an animation.  Not quite got the Moon in exactly the right place for each frame, might have another go at it when I have a few more 100 hours to spare. 

Rick the animation worked the first time I tried it, but it's not working now.  What have I done wrong?  It seems to work first time when I go into the thread but won't work a 2nd time unless I go out and come back again. 

Carole

Carole

I think it might be because I set the animation to play only once, will re-do

Meanwhile

Youtube:

https://youtu.be/cQ5aa4mdV-E

Kenny

Try using PIPP to centre and animate.

MarkS

That animation shows excellent potential Carole.

Quote from: Kenny on Oct 02, 2015, 18:10:07
Try using PIPP to centre and animate.

I've already tried that for my own animation - some frames line up perfectly and others (with part saturation) failed miserably - I don't know why.  I think the material differs too much from frame to frame. 

Mark

Carole

Fay

well done Carole, I can imagine the 100 hours!!!!!!! :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

QuoteTry using PIPP to centre and animate

I have never used Pipp can I use it just to centre and animate without having to stack in the software first?

Unfortunately I accidentally wrote over one of my files, so unless I re-do the thing again, I am going to have a gap.
Really had quite enough of this this week, so might take a breather anyway.

Carole

Carole

I followed Duncan and Kenny's advice and tried PIPP.  It's still not perfectly centred but I think it's better than my manual effort.  I also selected the shadow option for when part of the Moon is in shadow.

The Thing

That looks a lot better Carole, before it was a bit like being in Apollo 11 with lots of landing adjustments being made! Did you do a There is still a dodgy frame towards the endny more post processing on the frames? Lovely record of the event, we won't see another for a few years!

Carole

No I didn't do any more post-processing, I left a dodgy one out towards the beginning, I think this is the one I accidentally overwrote with the wrong data when trying to make a new set for some reason, can't even remember why I was doing that now.   Now I am in total Moon processing brain overload !!!!!

Carole