• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lunar eclipse sequence montage(s)

Started by Carole, Sep 30, 2015, 12:22:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I did a montage of all the data I captured, most were 5 - 10 subs stacked so it took ages in Registax, but the first 3 were only single subs.

I then thought this would be more interesting by leaving out alternate images.

Now to try out an animation

Carole

Fay

Ha Ha , this is what I have been doing all afternoon, Carole. I think I have too many Moons on show at the moment!! Bit of a palavar
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Nice collection of images & well presented Carole - John

The Thing

I really like the layout of the second one, really nicely done.

Carole

Thanks every-one, boy it has been a marathon over 2 1/2 days to stack all the individual phases and then process it all,
Quotethis is what I have been doing all afternoon, Carole. I think I have too many Moons
I see you are in the same boat Fay. 

Still going to try to do an animation, but will take quite a bit of work as I couldn't guide because my guide scope was washed out with the Moon, so there is drift over the course of the capture. 

Carole

The Thing

Hi Carole, the way I sorted the drift was to use PIPP to dark subtract, flatfield, convert, centre, rotate and crop the Moon so CR2s became TIFs for Registax. It's a bit of a learning curve if you have never come across PIPP but is logical in it's workflow and dead good. And fast. I might see if I can use it for the animation as it can do that to.

Carole

Thanks for the tip Duncan, sounds good but also sounds like a bit of a learning curve.  I'll take a look at it.

Carole

julian

RachelC

Stunning images. Wow. Still processing mine but nothing as amazing as these

Carole

MarkS

That's beautiful Carole and very nicely presented.  Shame it's too late for next year's calendar.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark.

QuoteShame it's too late for next year's calendar.
Lol, it can be considered for the following year as we discussed along with your Elephant Trunk nebula at the meeting.

Carole

Kenny

Stunning images Carole!

Still working on mine. Full sequence every 4 mins at 50mm.

Mac

Nice images, i like the layout of the second one better

Mac.

Carole