• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hello from a Defector

Started by DavidS, May 21, 2015, 10:27:58

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidS

I thought it was about time for me to introduce myself (Having already been to the past two meetings).

Hi, my Name is David Sheehan and I'm an alcoh... Oops sorry wrong group!

I have been a member of the Crayford society for a few years now and have an interest in imaging mainly. I have met a few Orpington members at Kelling Heath over the years and saw that Orpington has more active imagers.

I currently have a couple of scopes (SW 190mn and SW ED80), NEQ6 mount with belt mod, SW Advenurer and a couple of canon astro modded DSLRs.

I look forward to seeing you all at next weeks' meeting.

David.

RobertM

Hi David,

A very warm welcome to the OAS !!!  It sounds like you're quite proficient at imaging already !  I may have met you at one of the kelling events but in any case I look forward to introducing myself at the next meeting.

Robert
PS.  Alcoh...s meet on the same day and venue as our deep sky camps, strange but true ;)

Mike

Hi David and welcome. Look forward to meeting you at the meeting next week and hopefully will see you along at some of the observing evenings, imaging sessions or Deep Sky Camps.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

Hi Dave,

We've met many times at Kelling.  Great to have you aboard!

Mark

Carole

Hi David, I have probably met you too, I am one of the Kelling people.  Glad to have you with us.

Carole

Fay

Hi David,  great to have you in the club
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

julian

Hi David,  great to have you in the club
Have met ?
If you have a drink problem then DSC is for you, as we don't drink. well only
tea, coffee.  :cheesy:

ApophisAstros

Quote from: julian on May 22, 2015, 00:38:23
If you have a drink problem then DSC is for you, as we don't drink. well only
tea, coffee.  :cheesy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::beer: :beer: :beer:
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

DavidS

Thanks Everyone.

JT... No I don't believe we have been introduced  :roll:

Fay, Mark & Carole... Look forward to seeing you all again on Thursday.

Enjoy the nice long weekend.