• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling Heath April 2015

Started by Carole, Apr 06, 2015, 15:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

So who's going, what days and pitch numbers?

I am booked from Thursday to Monday Pitch 358 but if the weather is good I will arrive earlier in the week.

I know Mark and Julian have said they are going - pitches numbers and dates?

I don't normally go in the Spring as I feel the targets are less interesting and I have experienced windy weather in Spring, but giving it another try. 

Carole

Kenny

For the uninitiated DSC noobs amongst us, could someone post an explanation of what Kelling is, where it is, what you need to do (I presume places/pitches need to be booked well in advance)?
Thanks. :)

The Thing

Quote from: Kenny on Apr 06, 2015, 16:07:07
For the uninitiated DSC noobs amongst us, could someone post an explanation of what Kelling is, where it is, what you need to do (I presume places/pitches need to be booked well in advance)?
Thanks. :)

Kelling Heath Spring Star Party - there is one run by a different mob in the Autumn

Kenny

Carole

The spring star party doesn't get as quickly booked as the Autumn one which people start booking over 13 months beforehand. 

So if any-one wanted to go who hasn't booked it's worth a phone call.  Also sometimes people who have booked can't go at the last minute and often advertise their pitches on UK AstroBuySell. 

The red field is the best field and this one is normally the first to go, the blue field has a lot of trees as do the more Southerly Red field pitches.

This photo was taken from the corner of my pitch last September.  All pitches have hook up.
there is a bar/restaurant and some nice walks around the area, and a steam railway stops at Kelling Heath. 

Carole

Sue

Roy and I are booked from Wednesday 15th to Sunday 19th. We will be on our usual springtime spot 316 and looking forward to it  :D
We looked into hiring a caravan but decided to stay with the tent for this one and spend the money on astro gear  ;)

ApophisAstros

im on pitch 428 , from fri pm,
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Thought you were going to OAS DSC Roger.

Carole

ApophisAstros

only 2 possibles and plummed for more to do if weather not favourable,on checking a pitch was available so
went for it...

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

RobertM

Quote from: Apophis on Apr 13, 2015, 23:21:52
only 2 possibles and plummed for more to do if weather not favourable,on checking a pitch was available so
went for it...

rog

Must have been a cancellation of which there may be a few looking at the weather, I hope you didn't get a pitch in the trees !

Robert

ApophisAstros

near but hey just glad to get in.....
when is everyone arriving?
roger

Carole

I'm going today as this evening is forecast as clear, so will be off line from this morning.  Couldn;t get the dongle to work at all last time I was at kelling.

Carole