• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 17 - 19th April

Started by Carole, Apr 04, 2015, 10:51:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I shall be going to Kelling, but will co-ordinate DSC for those who aren't.  I just need to know who wants to go and preference of venue. 

Cairds does seem to get booked up in the summer, so not sure how they will be fixed this month.

So please offer a 2nd choice if your first choice is Cairds.  I suggest Running Water as that doesn't seem to get booked up in the summer and has been tried and liked, though Rother Valley might be available too, though I suspect will be damp.

Thanks
Carole

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Order of camp preference Mike?

Carole

Mike

Not been to either Cairds or Running Water so unable to comment.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'll be at Kelling.

Mark

Carole

OK we'll see what others think.

I E Mailed Cairds and this is their reply:
QuoteThose dates for the campsite are fine including glamping pod.

I think a couple of people went to Cairds last month although the weather was a bit iffy, so see what they think. 

Carole

julian

I'll be at Kelling.

Julian

ApophisAstros

just wondered who else apart from mike is up for this?

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Kenny

Carole

Well those who are going, would you like to give Cairds a try out, as it's going to get booked up during the summer months and probably won't be able to use it again until the Autumn.

Carole

ApophisAstros

is it just 3 possibles then?

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

Looks like it.

Carole - Yes.

Carole

Mike, I'll PM you the E Mail address of the owners, Pete and Sue, so you can liaise with them. 

Last time I spoke to the Owner the glamping POD was still available, if any-one prefers a cabin rather than a tent as Fay who normally likes it is going to Kelling. 

Carole

ApophisAstros

mikes the "planner" then!!!,lol
guess we wont know till quite near if weather is going to be suitable or not, im desperate to try out my
new tent!!!!, and eyepieces and filters and Oas telescope....think thats all...

rog
things you might see on DSC !!! :brolly: :beer: :abducted: :unicorn: :chase: :baa: :suspicious: :pooter: :elephant: :parrot:

Carole

Quotemikes the "planner" then!!!,lol
Well seeing as I could be going to Kelling as early as Monday (weather dependent), I thought it would make more sense if those who might actually be going had some contact details.

Carole