• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Strange crater on the Moon captured at High Halden

Started by The Thing, Nov 30, 2014, 20:24:59

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Strange straight edge formation on the Moon at terminator 30 Nov 2014. LX90 8", 2xED Barlow, PierroAstro ADC, Phillips SPC900NC.

MoonSquareInCrater2014-11-30 by AstroDunc, on Flickr

Carole

That is very odd Duncan, you should send it up somewhere for investigation/explanation.

Carole

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I found the same object some-one else posted on another forum>

In your image it looks more convex, but in his image it looks more like a crater, but still has 2 square walls - and still odd.

img http://www.astronomyshed.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=4818 /img

(Edit: When you need to be logged in elsewhere to see the image there's not much point including it as an image here. -- Rick)

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Another case of I can see it but you can't. 

I don;t think it's posted up as a URL link - I don;t like to copy some-one else's image, so better leave it.

Carole

MarkS

I cropped this form a single frame I took an hour or two later:

It should help to identify it.

Mike

Quote from: Carole on Nov 30, 2014, 23:20:17
Another case of I can see it but you can't. 

I don;t think it's posted up as a URL link - I don;t like to copy some-one else's image, so better leave it.

Carole

It's because it's an image on a forum that you can only see by being a member and logging in.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yes, I thought it was a URL link, but now realise it wasn't and I don't think I should copy and re-post some-one else's image.

Carole

Fay

wonder if it has anything to do with all these loud bangs that were heard around the country? well we did not hear anything from Marks saturday night.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Quotewell we did not hear anything from Marks saturday night.
No but there was evidence of some bright lights at one point.

Carole

The Thing

If it's Walther it should look like my other post at the same magnification which is definitely Walther.