• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moggs Adaptor

Started by Mike, May 27, 2002, 19:59:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I have my Moggs Adaptor now, just waiting for a night that is clear and also falls on a night i'm not out or doing something, then I can give it a go and try and get some pics.

Gonna work on that project to get a full set of moon pics on every phase to make a libration animation.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Good luck with the moon project.
Where did you get the adaptor from?

Mike

From Steven Moggs in Australia, i'll root out the website for ya !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

james

Whats a moggs adaptor??

Mike

A Universal Web Cam Adaptor for your scope. Great for the Toucam !

Take a look at the site. I ordered one and it only cost £16 sterling and its a nicely engineered piece of kit. Means you dont have to do anything to your Toucam at all and can still use it as a standard webcam if you want to.

http://www.webcaddy.com.au/astro/

Whitters

Whitters

Have orderd mine now, need to get another camera now. I'll maybe have a go at the MOD :evil: when I have a spare camera.

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2002-05-30 22:28 ]

Ian

seems to be a lot of interest in the quickcam 3000. These can be picked up in PC world. They are still in the region of £70.

There is some debate regarding it's sensitivity but it is moddable (hmm, new word?)

Mike

Any info on the mod ? The Toucam mod is too *&%$£@# hard to do. You'd need to be a microsurgeon to do that properly (mines still in a box waiting for a second attempt - Its not dead yet !)

Ian

I don't think it is any easier, just different. So it is still (*&^$(*&^$($$%^£(*()"(*£$*(&£^Q$%!$(!"*&^$(£*"$(*&^"£$(%*&^"£$%"£*&"()"!$)(*"&£!$(*}{}:@:@:}{}{:@:~~?~~?? difficult.

Ian

quite cathartic swearing like that.

Mike

Have you got a weblink with the mod on it for us ??

Ian

as requested.

http://www.unm.edu/~keithw/quickcamPro3000mod.html

btw, I have started working on my Vesta-SC1. Hmm, itty bitty pins.