• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Feb 24-27 DSC

Started by MarkS, Feb 21, 2012, 20:55:57

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Where will it be?
Is anyone going?
Mark

Whitters

The Thing

It's been dry so Rother Valley must be a viable option. Whichever it is I'll be there! Mind you the BBC weather man won't say what's happening after tropical Thursday  :! .

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

julian

Fay

I still have a cough, so thinking of not going at the weekend. may visit on saturday if it is at Rother
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I've just spoken with Jackie at Rother Valley who says that the field is in a decent state and she says as long as we don't have any torrential rain between now and Friday everything should be fine.

The main gate will be closed, but just open the smaller side gate, go inside and unlock from the inside.

There are some works going on over the weekend around the site but they shouldn't affect us at all.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

I've also been in contact with Jackie and forwarded all the proposed dates for the year.

And again I shall be on the missing list :cry:

I've noticed that more people seem to be going when I am not - Is it something I've said  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Quote from: mickw on Feb 22, 2012, 10:35:35
I've also been in contact with Jackie and forwarded all the proposed dates for the year.

Thanks, she did say she was concerned no-one had contacted her this year.

Quote from: mickw on Feb 22, 2012, 10:35:35
I've noticed that more people seem to be going when I am not - Is it something I've said  :oops:

Never mind - we will sit and supp beers and think of you ;)

MarkS

I'm hoping to get there shortly before 8pm tomorrow.  Unfortunately I can't make the OAS meeting tonight.

See you down there!

Mark

Rocket Pooch

I won't be there, we are somewhere else!

Mike

A gang of us tonight have decided that on Saturday for lunch we are going to pop along to one of the local pubs for a beer and a bite to eat. If anyone wants to pop down for the day and join us then you're welcome. We will pop off some time between 1pm and 2pm.

Mike

Anyone down there yet?

RobertM

Damn, I can't make it either.  Why oh why is there always something organised on DSC weekends  :-?

julian

QuoteAnyone down there yet?

I'm leaving at 6pm  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

julian