• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Adult Learners Week (Saturday 10th May)

Started by Greg, May 01, 2003, 21:56:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I have booked a table with Bromley Library for Saturday 10th May. If anyone can help out for some, part or all of Saturday - great, but please let me know.

What it entails:-
A desk, some chairs, a few notice boards and a power supply.
I will do some graphics for the boards and download our website onto a laptop - with the aid of the society data projector we can show off some of the members astrophotos and past special events aswell. If anybody wants to bring along another laptop to connect to the projector - great. Rick could we have some membership flyers. Mike can we have some A5 beginners flyers run off. Paul it would be nice to have that wonderful telescope of yours all set up as if it really was working (although of course it won't be), although I have not worked out quite how you are going to get it there!!??

The doors open at 09:30 and close at 17:00. It is suggested that we can gain access to the library at 9:00 and finish at 16:30.

I already have some volunteers - Paul, Sean and Ian - anyone else.

Rick

I'll e-mail you the Word document I use to print the membership fliers.

I'm already double-booked that day though, so I probably won't be able to help.

Sue

Sorry I'm unable to help,we already have arrangements for that date.

Mike

I don't have the document you are referring to Greg !?!?!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Greg

Mike, perhaps I never did give you a copy because it is in Quark not word, so I will run some out.