• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

iOptron IEQ 45 v1

Started by Sergio, Mar 25, 2012, 13:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio

Hi,

has anyone got any experience with the iOptron IEQ 45 v1 mount? is it a good one for starters?
thx
s.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Both myself and Jim have used one, Jim will be able to tell you the difference between the mk 1 and two, from my point of view it was an ok mount did not track as good as my EQ6, but was a lot lighter and very easy to setup.  So yes I''d say its ok, but it will not carry a heavy load, I'd guess 10-12kg would be its limit if imagin. 

The goto's were good on the one I used when polar aligned.

Chris

Jim

Hi Sergio

I bought a v2 a few weeks ago. See my thread on it. V1 had 4 screws to move the Dec axis whilst V2 has a clutch. That and some minor motor electronic changes are to my knowledge the only difference. You can update the firmware quite easily and the HC is easy to use. Agree with everything Chris says; I use my Meade 127 (11kgs) and that is pretty much at it's weight limit I think for imaging. I like it because I can carry it! Seems to autoguide OK but I am still learning that art, ASCOM works well, I guide using it. With good polar alignment I can image for 2-3 mins before you notice star trailing so that gives you some indication of it's PE. Not sure how that compares to other mounts

Sergio

Thx Guys,

I saw a 2nd hand one for what it seems a good price. I guess it is comparable to a HEQ5.
S.