• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

January 20-23 DSC (2012)

Started by mickw, Jan 04, 2012, 09:13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Quote from: The Thing on Jan 16, 2012, 21:59:51
Quote from: RobertM on Jan 16, 2012, 20:21:17
Wont know till the day but they've been ok with that so far.
Don't be such a wuss! Commit! We've all been committed...

That's what worries me :o

Jim

Not having been before can anyone advise what is needed for the power hookup? Presume an extension lead. Will it take a domestic plug or do you need a caravan type plug? Also presume there is enough power to run a small heater?

mickw

Caravan type plug Jim.

A small heater  ? You've got soft  :roll:

Better not plug it in when Fay has her tumble dryer, fan heater and electric blanket turned on though  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

RobertM

I generally rely on Mick having a spare 13A socket (which Fay doesn't use)...

Mike

You need a caravan type plug Jim. If you take a long normal extension lead you are welcome to plug it into my sockets.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Jim

Tony G

Quote from: Jim on Jan 17, 2012, 11:49:42
Not having been before
Quote from: Mike on Jan 17, 2012, 13:39:17
you are welcome to plug it into my sockets.
:o :o :o :o

You may not be going again in a hurry. :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ivor

I would have liked to have joined you but I've been sent away on business for a couple of week so I've had to make alternative arrangements. A little research on my part and I've discovered Pune University has a massive Astronomy divison and every Friday they get a few 8 and 14 inch telescopes out to let the public get a taster so I'm going along. I'll likely to have to come out again later this year so I hoping to sweet talk them into
letting me go here http://www.iucaa.ernet.in/~itp/   :D

MarkS

Change in plan - I won't be arriving until after dark on Friday - I have an interview tomorrow.

Mark

Mike

mickw

Yes good luck Mark, brings the Mesu one step closer  ;)

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Hope everybody enjoys themselves.

So far, the weather man says -
Couple of showers friday and saturday daytime with some clouds friday night
Accuweather reckon on a "starlit sky" on saturday
yr.no reckon saturday night will be clear from midnight
Meteoblue is doom and gloom with clouds switching from high to mid to low levels
Metcheck as usual is broken.

Still early days though

Carole