• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Replacing an image on the Gallery

Started by mickw, Jun 24, 2011, 11:53:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Is it possible or can it be made possible to simply replace an image in the gallery without losing the image details ?

I am finally realising that it's daft to upload an iffy image that will require reprocessing  :oops:

Cheers
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rick

Sorry, no, it isn't. Cut'n'paste is your friend....  :roll:

mickw

Carole

I was wondering the same thing.  I want to go back and delete some of the earlier processed images where I have done a re-process, as they are blocking up the gallery, but am I right in assuming they will then disappear from the thread they were in? 
Not that that's a bad thing though. :cheesy:

Carole

mickw

Quotebut am I right in assuming they will then disappear from the thread they were in?

Yes, but you could always modify the thread to point to a new location - Flikr, Picasa, or your own website.
Actually you could replace the picture in the thread with a link to the new location - Take a look at my NGC7000 for a demo

Rick

Yes, in the forum the "Modify" link is your friend.

You can also, instead of deleting the images, move them into your (hidden from everyone else) previews gallery. That'll leave the image files visible in the forum, but take them out of the public gallery.

Personally, I like to see the progress folks have made with their imaging, and it's disappointing to see older images deleted just because they're not up to someone's present standard.

(Edit - fix speelign errers)

mickw

QuotePersonally, I like to see the progress folks have made with their imaging

I agree with that, it's certainly interesting to go back a couple of years.

But sometimes that first bodged process just has to go  :)