• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

How I wish I'd cleaned my ccd.

Started by Ian, Jun 15, 2004, 17:08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I remembered the scope, the battery the camera, the laptop, the table, the cables, the stool...

The movie starts just after 1st contact, and runs through. It's about 1.4meg in size and used an MPEG4 codec.

Venus Transit

Rocket Pooch

Excellent, much better than mine.

JohnP

That's seriously dirty....! Great movie though :smile: John

Whitters

Very nice Ian, though I have two words - Flat Frame

P.S. How long a delay between exposures did you leave?

Ian

better than "dopey muppet" I suppose. I think I'll give it a go, make a flat and reprocess the whole lot :sad:

First use of that 300mm camera lens I got from you though. Not a bad job all things considered...

Rick

Did you buy some fancy adapter for the 300mm lens, or did you put something together Blue Peter style?

Ian

well there is a complete absence of stickyback plastic, but it's was the baked-bean tin camera with an M42 extension ring bolted to the front. That way the camera works with any t-threaded or m42 lens, and I have an 1.25" adaptor tube for use on the scope.

Ian

Paul,

each frame of the movie is a stack of four frames taken at 5fps. Each group of four frames was one minute apart. I then loaded the result frames into K3CCDtools, aligned and then exported the result recangles to an AVI. I picked a replay framerate that looked smooth.

Whitters

Greg

Excellent image of the Sun. What's that annoying black blob on your optics?

Ian

s-h-one-t unfortunately, hence the subject title. I'll going to see if flatfielding can fix it.