• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

November DSC

Started by MarkS, Oct 22, 2010, 10:20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Had a reply from Jackie, it was very windy last night so anyone going might want to pitch tent in the wooded alcove for shelter.

Newenden is also planning a firework display Saturday which should be finished early (that would be North of the campsite)

Winds are forecast from NE so could be a problem

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

Quote from: mickw
Newenden is also planning a firework display Saturday which should be finished early (that would be North of the campsite)

Winds are forecast from NE so could be a problem

A problem?  You mean I might be bombarded by the spent remains of fireworks?

Mark

mickw

I was thinking of smoke, poison gas and friendly  fire  ;)

You should get a good view though  :-?

The Thing

I'm going to dodge the shrapnel at home.

Mike

So the only person down there is Mark?

I've just come from London, which had torrential rain. I'm talking about the kind of rain you see in sheets across the road and making wave son the pavement. Weirdly though, back in Orpington, it's only slightly damp, meaning it hasn't come this way (yet).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Lashed it down in West Sussex earlier, now its really windy!

Tony G

It's cold and dark down here.............................where is everyone???????????????????????? :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

Came down in buckets as I was driving home from Gravesend this evening...

The Thing

Quote from: Tony G on Nov 05, 2010, 22:52:37
It's cold and dark down here.............................where is everyone???????????????????????? :(

Tony G

Tucked up in bed, nice and warm.

MarkS

Anyone else coming?  Last night was dry till midnight but was windy.  I was here on my own!

MarkS

Just to clarify - unlike Tony's joke, I really am here at Rother Valley.  Hoping for some clear spells tonight.

mickw

With the amount of rain that's been coming down I doubt I'd be allowed anywhere near the field.

I'm gonna stay at home and try to learn Photoshop  :(

I hope it stays dry and unwindy enough for you to do some imaging - good luck

Tony G

Mark,

As you are aware, I was only joking :roll:, as I didn't think anyone would go down to Rother Valley.
Well fair play to you, and good luck with the rest of the weekend.

Tony G

PS.....................By the way, how do we know YOU are not joking, and not tucked up in the warm, as the Thing has suggested????????????? ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

In the end you don't know I'm really here.  You'd have to come down to really know ...

MarkS

Just managed to free the car.  It was stuck after the overnight rain but the sun has dried the ground enough to free it.