• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Orion Taken from my Hotel roof.

Started by Rocket Pooch, Apr 22, 2004, 07:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I've put this image up of Orion from the top of my hotel roof whilst in the Sahara, clera skies or what?  

EOS 500N, 1 min exposure on a static tripod ISO200 film with 20mm lens.  I'll clean it up soon.

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-04-21 23:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: csuddell on 2004-04-22 00:09 ]

spendrey

Mike

So it is !!! Scanned from a slide?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

No a negative, I'm trying a second hand scanner out :smile:  In preperation for the comet :smile:

Mike

What would you use it for with respect to the Comet? You've got several CCD cameras haven't you ?!?!?!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

spendrey

I thought maybe that you had stumbled across some ancient passage inside one of the pyramids that brought you out on the other side.

Rocket Pooch

I may have a few cameras, but I'd like to do a 10 degree plus shot, the tails should cover about 7 degree and giving a border to the picture would be good :smile:

And it was feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Rocket Pooch

It's not backwards you know.  I remember where I was standing and it was definately round that way.  I'll flip it about if it makes you feel better.

Ian

doesn't look backward to me. The orange of Betelgeuse is very apparent, as is the smudge of M42.

Nice pic Chris.