• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

150mm Tube Rings

Started by mickw, Feb 12, 2010, 18:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I am assuming you have got this answer from Green Witch.
You're a bit buggered for DSC then unless you
Quoteextend the 140s like Tony did the 300s with a 6mm bolt
assuming you've still got the wrong size rings, or put the ETX back together until you get some rings,

or
Give Ian King a ring on 01892 834004
or
Give Bernard a ring on 020 8763 9953

What a ridiculous situation.  

mickw

I can still mount the dovetail to the bolt holes on the ETX, but "visual" can be a bit tricky on a GEM as the eyepiece holder has a tendency to point down and with a lack of circus training, my neck and spine will not adapt to the required angle  ;)

Imaging is not an issue with the visual back thingy - It's just the flexibility that I want to go for.

Might give Ian or Bern a ring later, but if they're flogging the Skywatcher rings as well, they'll probably be in the same boat.
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

What a pity you didn't do this before Astrofest as you would have had loads of stalls to buy from, there was a bloke who had loads of sizes of Guide rings, I think he makes them, I am sure I got his business card.  If I find it I'll let you know.

Carole

mickw

Astroparts ?

He makes lots of other quirky stuff as well.

But he doesn't do tube rings, only guidescope rings  :(
http://www.astroparts.co.uk/index.htm

Carole

mickw

Sorted - Sold the ETX and bought a C14  :o

OK, not strictly true...................
Ordered some 140 rings from Bern which I'll modify and just to ensure the weather stays crap, I've ordered a Baader IR filter for the 350D

Must admit, I've dealt with two dealers over the last couple of months that give great service, answer the phone and answer emails.
Modern Astronomy and Ian King.

Pulsar Optical are cheap - no further comment